Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2013/12/31 19:09:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release JMeter 2.11 RC2

Hello,

The 'second' release candidate for JMeter 2.11 (r1554548) has been
prepared, and your votes are solicited.
Note: RC1 has been aborted during release creation process.

This release brings improvements to the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder in
the certificate management, some new features and fixes some bugs.

If you can, some tests of this release candidate (load tests and/or
functional tests) with Java 6/7 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS on changes are
welcome.

You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/docs/changes.html

JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at
Java 6+.

Archives/hashes/sigs:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v2.11_RC2/

RAT report:

http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/dist/rat-report-jmeter-2.11RC2.txt

MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:

f3f853c8f79734580a199efd7a2f0a11 *apache-jmeter-2.11.tgz
14b6dfc04f912e45b482e4563fdf1c3a *apache-jmeter-2.11.zip
22f7df61a8e56e598f6ca7d49872146f *apache-jmeter-2.11_src.tgz
64018398b64036849ec54fca9a580c40 *apache-jmeter-2.11_src.zip

Site Docs are here:
http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/docs/

Maven staging repo is accessible here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejmeter-034/org/apache/jmeter/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/tags/v2_11_RC2/

Keys are here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS

N.B.
To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"

To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".

JMeter 2.11 requires Java 6 or later to run.

Some known issues and incompatible changes are listed on changes page.
http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/docs/changes.html

All feedback (and votes!) welcome.

[  ] +1  I support this release
[  ] +0  I am OK with this release
[  ] -0   OK, but....
[  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

The PMC members please indicate the mention "(binding)" with your vote.

Note: If the vote passes, the intention is to release the archive files
and rename the RC tag as the release tag.

Thanks in advance!

*--> AND Happy New Year ! <--*

Milamber

.

Re: [RESULTS] [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.11 based on 2.11 RC2

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Le 04/01/2014 16:08, sebb a ecrit :
> On 4 January 2014 13:26, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thanks very much to all who voted for this release.
>>
>> The votes were as follows:
>>
>> === +1 vote (with *: binding) ===
>>
>> NaveenKumar N.
>> Sebastian Bazley (sebb)*
>> Philippe Mouawad (pmouawad)*
>> Rainer Jung (rjung)*
>> Bruno Demion (milamber)*
>>
>> ===
>>
>> There were no other votes, so the vote passes.
> Thanks!
>
>> I will prepare the delivery of release for having an official announce
>> tomorrow (afternoon) after the mirrors sync.
> I think it should be left a bit longer than 24 hours before sending
> the announce.
> In theory a day should be enough (especially now the files reach the
> ASF mirror hosts immediately), but it might be wise to wait a couple
> of days so the slower mirrors have a chance. If there are some that
> only manage one sync per day, they might miss the update.

Yes you are right. I've created a JMeter script to check the
availability of the new release on all mirrors. I've run this script
before sending the official announces. In my experience (the 3-4 latest
releases), after 24h, all mirrors are sync.

> Also, the Maven repo seems to take quite a while to synch. Nexus has
> to push the files, and then they have to be picked up. Both can take a
> while.
>
> The website can be updated just before the announcement - svnpubsub
> means it should be available very quickly (sometimes the EU mirror
> takes a bit longer).

I will check the update of website before send the announce. (I usually
do this when I release each new version)

Milamber

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.11 RC2

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
 [X] +1  I support this release (binding)

thanks to RM for work and very happy new year.

Regards
Philippe

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.11 RC2

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31 December 2013 18:09, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The 'second' release candidate for JMeter 2.11 (r1554548) has been prepared,
> and your votes are solicited.
> Note: RC1 has been aborted during release creation process.
>
> This release brings improvements to the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder in the
> certificate management, some new features and fixes some bugs.
>
> If you can, some tests of this release candidate (load tests and/or
> functional tests) with Java 6/7 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS on changes are
> welcome.
>
> You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
> illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/docs/changes.html
>
> JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
> behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at Java
> 6+.
>
> Archives/hashes/sigs:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v2.11_RC2/
>
> RAT report:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/dist/rat-report-jmeter-2.11RC2.txt
>
> MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:
>
> f3f853c8f79734580a199efd7a2f0a11 *apache-jmeter-2.11.tgz
> 14b6dfc04f912e45b482e4563fdf1c3a *apache-jmeter-2.11.zip
> 22f7df61a8e56e598f6ca7d49872146f *apache-jmeter-2.11_src.tgz
> 64018398b64036849ec54fca9a580c40 *apache-jmeter-2.11_src.zip
>
> Site Docs are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/docs/
>
> Maven staging repo is accessible here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejmeter-034/org/apache/jmeter/
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/tags/v2_11_RC2/
>
> Keys are here:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS
>
> N.B.
> To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"
>
> To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".
>
> JMeter 2.11 requires Java 6 or later to run.
>
> Some known issues and incompatible changes are listed on changes page.
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/docs/changes.html
>

> All feedback (and votes!) welcome.
>
> [X] +1  I support this release
> [  ] +0  I am OK with this release
> [  ] -0   OK, but....
> [  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)
>
> The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> The PMC members please indicate the mention "(binding)" with your vote.
>

> Note: If the vote passes, the intention is to release the archive files and
> rename the RC tag as the release tag.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Thanks to you.

> *--> AND Happy New Year ! <--*

Ditto.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 31.12.2013 19:09, Milamber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The 'second' release candidate for JMeter 2.11 (r1554548) has been
> prepared, and your votes are solicited.
> Note: RC1 has been aborted during release creation process.

> All feedback (and votes!) welcome.
>
> [XX] +1  I support this release
> [  ] +0  I am OK with this release
> [  ] -0   OK, but....
> [  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)
>
> The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> The PMC members please indicate the mention "(binding)" with your vote.
>

> Note: If the vote passes, the intention is to release the archive files
> and rename the RC tag as the release tag.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> *--> AND Happy New Year ! <--*

The same to you!

+1 (binding), thanks for RM.

Details:

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file

- gz and zip for src and bin consistent

- builds fine

- build result looks consistent with distribution, except for
  - timestamps in generated javadoc (expected)
  - some whitespace in javadoc (expected)
  - binary jar files (expected)

- no Javadoc warnings

- ran the tests (but only with java.awt.headless)

- I have not checked the staging repository.

Build and tests were done using Java 1.6.0_45, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.11 RC2

Posted by NaveenKumar N <ca...@gmail.com>.