Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/08 19:33:09 UTC

problem connecting to windows 10

hi all,

i have added a few connections -

windows 7 via RDP
centos 7 via VNC
centos 7 via SSH
windows 10 via RDP

my problem is i can get all to work apart from my windows 10 client, i have
entered in the details below -

network
hostname - given IP not dns name
port - 3389

authentication
username - robw
password - my password
domain - robw-win
security mode - tried everything now left blank as that is what my windows 7
client uses and it works

any help please

cheers,
rob

Re: problem connecting to windows 10

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 4:30 PM, robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have ticked on ignore cert and works
>
> strange thing is if i choose nla, rdp or tls any of them work?

It depends on how you've configured Windows to accept RDP connections.  The
newer versions of Windows (8 and up, I believe) default to only allowing
NLA connections and rejecting RDP-only security.  However, you can tweaks
settings to allow "less secure" connections, but still support NLA for
clients that do that.  Since Guacamole (guacd) supports all of them, it'll
use whichever one Windows accepts.

-Nick

Re: problem connecting to windows 10

Posted by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com>.
Sorry i forgot to add i clicked on allow RDP and allow from any version of
windows

I will try this method you suggested and get back to you

Re: problem connecting to windows 10

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 3:33 PM, robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i have added a few connections -
>
> windows 7 via RDP
> centos 7 via VNC
> centos 7 via SSH
> windows 10 via RDP
>
> my problem is i can get all to work apart from my windows 10 client, i have
> entered in the details below -
>
> network
> hostname - given IP not dns name
> port - 3389
>
> authentication
> username - robw
> password - my password
> domain - robw-win
> security mode - tried everything now left blank as that is what my windows
> 7
> client uses and it works

Windows 10 generally requires NLA out of the box, if you don't change the
configuration.  I would make sure Security Mode is set to NLA and that you
also check the "Ignore Certificate" box under that, or import the
certificate into your system certificate store.

-Nick