Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com> on 2002/08/28 14:36:23 UTC

RE: [OT] but IMPORTANT

Forbid independent development of innovative software-based solutions...

So you might only be able to code for someone else?!

That does not sound good...

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
I read the blurb on the website and apparently it was a deal the Euro
Council struck with the Patent Office - through some political horse
trading, the European Patent Office managed to gain self-regulatory
status on how they develop patent law! They give the patents out, and
then tell the Euro Parliament what patent law to write to justify it.

By the way, you guys have software patents in the US already and in fact
recently some patent court case awarded 0.5 billion against M$ to some
small CA company - who have apparently the patent on 'browser
extensions'. :P

RE: [OT] but IMPORTANT

Posted by Nguyen Anh Tuan <ng...@yahoo.com>.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com