Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by RR <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/21 01:56:33 UTC

Persistent page properties confusion

I now have sufficient understanding and enough code in place that I'm
beginning to test and have run into some problems with page values.
For example, User A chooses to create an Item of type Orange and
submits the form on the page. User B concurrently access the page and
to his astonishment the Item Type is already selected to Orange
(PropertySelection component). Likewise, when User A submits the
entire form for db persistence there is code to reset the page for the
next time A visits to create a new Item, thus setting all values to
null. But, if B is in the middle of creating an item and attempts to
submit, all of the page's values are now null (due to the reset).
According to the Tapestry book (pg 301), " A page's persistent state,
specific to an individual user, is entirely spearate from any instance
of the page." However, this does not appear to be the case with my
pages.

What information can I provide for you in order to analyze what I'm
doing improperly?

Ideally, each page maintains its own properties (and their values) per
user and we never have to worry about this page-data-sharing
situation. According to the above quote, this should be the case but I
need to know how to implement it.

Thanks all,
-RR-