Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jwy923 <jw...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/18 20:22:04 UTC

XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

I am running Openfire (Jabber Server) locally.
I created  servicemix-user/servicemix-pwd account in Openfire.
And using Pidgin I try to connect to Openfire.

According to Openfire admin web page, the user is authenticated.
However, in my pidgin, it is "Not Authorized" (Note that it is not
Authenticated)

Here is the Openfire log. I don't understand why....
Please help me...

John

2008.12.18 13:33:56
[org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)
] Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user(DNS lookup:
servicemix-user:5269)
java.net.UnknownHostException: servicemix-user
	at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
	at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144)
	at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPacket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
	at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It looks like you use your user as server hostname :)
Check you configuration or send your xbean.xml

Regards

On Thursday 18 December 2008 - 11:22, jwy923 wrote:

> I am running Openfire (Jabber Server) locally.
> I created  servicemix-user/servicemix-pwd account in Openfire.
> And using Pidgin I try to connect to Openfire.
>
> According to Openfire admin web page, the user is authenticated.
> However, in my pidgin, it is "Not Authorized" (Note that it is not
> Authenticated)
>
> Here is the Openfire log. I don't understand why....
> Please help me...
>
> John
>

> 2008.12.18 13:33:56
> [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)
> ] Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user(DNS lookup:
> servicemix-user:5269)
> java.net.UnknownHostException: servicemix-user
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
> 	at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144)
> 	at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPacket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
> 	at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

Jean-Baptiste Onofré (Nanthrax)
BuildProcess/AutoDeploy Project Leader
http://buildprocess.sourceforge.net
jb@nanthrax.net
PGP : 17D4F086

Re: XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I don't know the pidgin configuration (I use bitlbee bridge).
Maybe take a look on the pidgin documentation to check if there is no mistake around user and hostname.

Sorry to can't help you more.

Regards
JB

Posted by jwy923 <jw...@gmail.com>.