Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mynabbler <my...@live.com> on 2011/05/10 13:59:12 UTC

Re: Interword capitalization - solved

Mynabbler wrote:

> Does someone have a rule for interword capitalization?

Unfortunately no takers for the question. I came up with this:

# Gibberish subjects like: Cap su lesOr de rsMad eFo rRar ePro du cts
header   __MN_IWCAP    Subject =~ /[a-z][A-Z][a-z]/
tflags   __MN_IWCAP    multiple
meta       MN_IWCAP    __MN_IWCAP >= 3
score      MN_IWCAP    0.1
meta       MN_FMIWCAP  (MN_IWCAP && FREEMAIL_FROM)
score      MN_FMIWCAP  3
describe   MN_FMIWCAP  Found thRee intErword caPitalizations from a free
mail address

It searches for three or more occurrences in the subject and scores it when
coming
from a freemail address (just hotmail would have been enough... sigh).

Re: Interword capitalization - solved and improved

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Add "on YouTube" and Bob's your uncle.

But it is a tad contrived.

{^_-}

Posted by Mynabbler <my...@live.com>.

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Mynabbler <my...@live.com>.

Bowie Bailey wrote:

> Ah.  I missed the meta limiting it to 3 or more hits.  If it works well,
> maybe we can add it to the stock ruleset.

Step 1 would be a check in someone's sandbox. And maybe a better meta than
freemail, since I do see some false positives in yahoo groups:

n73c.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com [98.136.45.72] HELO
n73c.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com to <XXX>
...snip,DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,FREEMAIL_FROM,CAPSNOSPACE,MN_FMIWCAP,snip...
Subject: Re: [RebornDollsArtistCircle] Hello

so... a freemail post to a yahoo group that has three interword capitals in
the groupname is a false positive (in this case, by the way, the group
message _was_ spam).

A not 'CAPSNOSPACE' or a not yahoogroups would be in order to solve that.

CAPSNOSPACE is:

# Junk with CapsCrapMessageSubjects
header   MN_CAPSNOSPACE  Subject =~ /(?:[A-Z][a-z]+){4}/
describe MN_CAPSNOSPACE Subject ContainsFourWordsLikeThis
score    MN_CAPSNOSPACE  1

Re: Interword capitalization - solved

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.

--