Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Colin W. Kingsbury" <ck...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/09 16:17:04 UTC

How to Read Address-Error messages?

Hi,

we are having all kinds of problems receiving mail. In the process of trying to debug what is going wrong, I am noticing that we have a bunch of datafiles in the var/mail/address-error subdirectory. What is the easiest way to read the contents of these in plain english? Can I connect via an pop3 account to download them or is there something else I can use? Simply reading them in vi does no good (they're java binaries).

-cwk.

Re: How to Read Address-Error messages?

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
There are two kinds of files: *.FileObjectStore and *.FileStreamStore:
the latter contains the whole message and is text.

Vincenzo