Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Markus Johnston <ta...@garstasio.com> on 2012/06/05 22:34:15 UTC

new T5 project - can't find TML file

I'm starting a new T5 project, and am having some difficulty.  For example,
if I put my tml files alongside my java classes
(com.mycompany.myproj.pages), when I startup my app, and navigate to a
page, tapestry tells me that it cannot find the template file.  If I then
move the template file into my web dir, it can find it and everything seems
to work.  I don't want to put my template files in my web dir.  Why is this
not working for me?

Re: new T5 project - can't find TML file

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
When you place your .tml files next to your .java files, it is not
automatically the case that the .tml files are visible at runtime;
they need to be copied (during development) into your output directory
(the directory which normally contains .class files).  In production,
they need to be copied into the WEB-INF/classes folder of the WAR.

If you are using Maven or Gradle, and follow the standard convention
folders (src/main/java for code, src/main/resources for other stuff,
including .tml files) you will be fine.

This is not a Tapestry issue; its about your project's layout and
build process, or the behavior of your IDE.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210