Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/11/24 21:32:49 UTC

Fwd: [OT] Java & Leopard

Anyone here have any experience (good or bad) with Leopard? I'm
personally not going to upgrade at least until Java 6 is available
for it.

Craig

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>
> Date: November 7, 2007 11:27:49 AM PST
> To: dev@cayenne.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [OT] Java & Leopard
>
> Java 1.5.
>
> Mostly things just hang.  Running "ant --help" never finishes.
> IntelliJ
> locks up.  It takes 10 min. to generate the javadocs for Cayenne.
> On top of
> that, there seems to be no real way to kill the processes.  And
> reboots
> won't work.  I've probably held in the power button to shut my
> machine down
> 30 times in the last two days.
>
> Now, I did do an upgrade rather than a fresh install, so that could
> be a
> contributing factor.  But, research into the issue indicates a lot
> of people
> are having difficulty with Java.
>
> This is Java 5, btw, which is the default version in Leopard.
>
> --
> Kevin
>

> On 11/7/07 2:20 PM, "Michael Gentry" <bl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just recently got a replacement system, but it came with Tiger.
>> I've gotten the upgrade DVD now, but was going to wait until 10.5.1
>> was out.  What kind or problems are you running into?  Is it with
>> Java
>> 1.4 or 1.5?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> /dev/mrg
>>

>> On Nov 7, 2007 1:36 PM, Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> wrote:
>>> Just a head's up for the Mac users . . . I've been less than pleased
>>> with the experience of using Java on Leopard.  I've had a lot of
>>> problems with IntelliJ and even running ant and maven from a command
>>> line.  So much so that I'm likely to just use my bootcamp partition
>>> until I can get around to reinstalling Tiger.
>>>

>>> As always, YMMV, but just thought I'd throw out that caveat.
>>>

>>> Kevin
>>>

> --

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [OT] Java & Leopard

Posted by Ignacio Andreu <pl...@gmail.com>.
A non-oficial Java 6 version for OSX is available[1]. I don't try it,
I'm not going to ugrade until  Apple releases a oficial version.

[1] http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/code/macosx/MacOS_Java_16_Developer_Preview_1.20071120.html

Re: [OT] Java & Leopard

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.