Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/05 21:52:55 UTC

request context for EJB -- help with spec?

6.7.1. Request context lifecycle

The request context is provided by a built-in context object for the
built-in scope type @RequestScoped. The request scope is active:

* during the service() method of any servlet in the web application,
during the doFilter() method of any servlet filter and when the
container calls any ServletRequestListener or AsyncListener,
* during any remote method invocation of any EJB, during any
asynchronous method invocation of any EJB, during any call to an EJB
timeout method and during message delivery to any EJB message-driven
bean, and

At the end of the servlet request, after the service() method, all
doFilter() methods, and all requestDestroyed() and onComplete()
notifications return,
* after the EJB remote method invocation, asynchronous method
invocation, timeout or message delivery completes, or

What does this mean for basic business method invocations?  That it's
just expected that the request context is already active for
non-remote EJB method invocations for other reasons?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: request context for EJB -- help with spec?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My understanding is that active in the period of business method invocation context.

Looks like they went out of their way to not refer to either "business
method" or invocationcontext though.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
My understanding is that active in the period of business method invocation context.