Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch> on 2012/09/27 23:31:44 UTC

About Apache Mina2 dependency being upgraded to 2.0.5

Hi,

Today we upgraded Apache Mina2 dependency from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 which is NOT
binary compatible anymore because of the following revision (the
IoAcceptor.bind() method with one argument has been replaced with varargs
variant causing NoSuchMethodError @ runtime):

The tests on CI-Server afterwards show failures by:

camel-jsch (has test scope dependency to mina2)
camel-ssh (has compile scope dependency to mina2)

By camel-jsch I downgraded the test dependency back to 2.0.4 version which
more or less we could live with it (as it's test scope). And then afterwards
I realized the failed tests by camel-ssh as well which I think because of
the compile scope dependency, a downgrade would not make much sense.

I think we should better downgrade back to 2.0.4 until this problem is
resolved.

Any thoughts?

Babak

Re: About Apache Mina2 dependency being upgraded to 2.0.5

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi

The version 2.0.6 is already @ central repo which has fixed the issue we
experienced with 2.0.5 so that I just updated the dependency to make use of
this newest version.

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.

Am 28.09.12 07:57 schrieb "Claus Ibsen" unter <cl...@gmail.com>:

>Hi Babak
>
>Well spotted again. The camel-mina2 tests passed fine. So I guess the
>issue is more related to 3rd party frameworks not compiled against
>Mina 2.0.5, but using the older API in 2.0.x. such as the FTP
>libraries and whatnot.

Like the newest sshd version being still dependent on Mina2.0.4

http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/sshd/sshd/0.7.0/sshd-0.7.0.pom

Also by camel-ftp unit-tests I realized that we still make use of an older
version of Mina 2.0.0, which I already upgraded to 2.0.4 and verified that
they all do pass.

>But still its a critical issue for people as they cannot easily
>upgrade Camel not can they upgrade Mina to 2.0.5.
>
>I have logged a ticket at Mina JIRA
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-908
>
>As Mina2 (by sshd) is also used by Karaf I think, we should downgrade to
>2.0.4.

I'll take care of that.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Babak

<ba...@swissonline.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today we upgraded Apache Mina2 dependency from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 which is NOT
> binary compatible anymore because of the following revision (the
> IoAcceptor.bind() method with one argument has been replaced with varargs
> variant causing NoSuchMethodError @ runtime):
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1374994
>
> The tests on CI-Server afterwards show failures by:
>
> camel-jsch (has test scope dependency to mina2)
> camel-ssh (has compile scope dependency to mina2)
>
> By camel-jsch I downgraded the test dependency back to 2.0.4 version which
> more or less we could live with it (as it's test scope). And then afterwards
> I realized the failed tests by camel-ssh as well which I think because of
> the compile scope dependency, a downgrade would not make much sense.
>
> I think we should better downgrade back to 2.0.4 until this problem is
> resolved.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Babak

Claus Ibsen