Posted to user@hive.apache.org by CHEBARO Abdallah <Ab...@murex.com> on 2014/07/30 10:17:16 UTC

SELECT specific data

Hello,

I am interested in selecting specific data from a source and loading it to a table. For example, if I have 5 columns in my dataset, I want to load 3 columns of it. Is it possible to do it without create a second table?

Thank you
*******************************

This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.

RE: SELECT specific data

Posted by CHEBARO Abdallah <Ab...@murex.com>.
Thank you very much, your respond was very helpful

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

RE: SELECT specific data

Posted by CHEBARO Abdallah <Ab...@murex.com>.

Re: SELECT specific data

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
sorry hit send too soon ..

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: SELECT specific data

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

RE: SELECT specific data

Posted by CHEBARO Abdallah <Ab...@murex.com>.
Thank you

If you have a defined table, then loading partial columns will be easiest handled with inserting the rest columns with NULL value after mapping your partial column file as an external table.

regards
Devopam

Re: SELECT specific data

Posted by Devopam Mittra <de...@gmail.com>.