Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Colin Workman <cj...@ntlworld.com> on 2005/08/31 22:59:12 UTC

a space two asterix and a space

Hi

I am supporting a system that uses Axis web service. It has been running

fine until someone sent XML containing the following

<Tag>THIS IS SOME TEXT ** THIS IS SOME MORE TEXT</Tag>

What I can see is that after the incoming SOAP/XML is parsed it looks

like

<Tag>THIS IS SOME TEXT bootstrap.jar catalina.bat catalina.sh

commons-daemon.jar commons-logging-api.jar core cpappend.bat digest.bat

digest.sh event_log.188061 event_log.188701 event_log.30641

event_log.312614 jmx.jar jsvc.tar.gz service.bat setclasspath.bat

setclasspath.sh shutdown.bat shutdown.sh startup.bat startup.sh to

mcat-juli.jar tomcat5.exe tomcat5w.exe tool-wrapper.bat tool-wrapper.sh

version.bat version.sh </Tag>

I have traced the files listed in the XML and they all exist in

$TOMCAT_HOME/bin

I have also tried several permutations and it only happens when there is

a space, two asterix and a space,e.g. " ** "

We are using Tomcat 5.5, Axis 1.1,  Java 1.4.2 all running on Tru64 Unix

and Ant to build on a Windows 2000 platform

Any ideas about what is happening

29/08/2005

Re: a space two asterix and a space

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.