Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by cl...@student.info.ucl.ac.be on 2004/07/11 13:32:44 UTC

How to get all the values of a field in all the index

Hello,
I have indexed a database which contains a field category.
I would like to get an enumeration of all the category of the index.
So for that i need to get all possible different value of this field inside
the index. For the moment I use  the terms() method,check if for each term if
it's a category term and if so get the value of this term.
However it's rather inefficient. Do you have any solution for that?
Claude Libois