Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by "CHODISETTY, LAKSHMI SIRISHA" <la...@siemens.com> on 2018/05/31 10:51:52 UTC

Ranger User Sync Installation

Hi Team,

I have installed Ranger via ambari 2.6.13 version (HDP cluster). But while installing ranger, ranger user sync component is not installed. So how do I install ranger user sync now ?
Also, is it recommended to do a manual installation of ranger user sync, if ranger is installed via ambari ?

With best regards,
Sirisha Chodisetty

Re: Ranger User Sync Installation

Posted by vishal suvagia <vi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Sirisha,                If Ranger was installed manually via Ambari, it is likely that Ranger-Usersync would have been installed automatically.
                You can check the Summary tab of Ranger service to check the list of installed Ranger components i.e Ranger-Admin, Ranger-Usersync and Ranger-Tagsync via Ambari.                Would like to know how was Ranger setup on the cluster manually / via blueprints ?
Thanks
Vishal Suvagia.
    On Thursday, 31 May, 2018, 4:39:54 PM IST, Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net> wrote:

 Hi Sirisha,
Isn't it in Ambari available components that you can install on the left tab of Ambari ?Regards,

Loïc
Loïc CHANEL
System Big Data engineer
Vision 360 Degrés (Lyon, France)