Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by elmerfudd <na...@012.net.il> on 2013/11/28 15:09:02 UTC

Converting Fast ESP queries(fql) to Solr query syntax

I would like to perform searches in Solr using queries I extracted from Fast
ESP  . The queries are written in FQL (fast query language) format and I
want to convert them to Solr query syntax . Is there any way to preform a
search like this in Solr? Maybe a tool available? Could not find anything on
the web.

Thank you.

Re: Converting Fast ESP queries(fql) to Solr query syntax

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.
On 28/11/2013 14:09, elmerfudd wrote:
> I would like to perform searches in Solr using queries I extracted from Fast
> ESP  . The queries are written in FQL (fast query language) format and I
> want to convert them to Solr query syntax . Is there any way to preform a
> search like this in Solr? Maybe a tool available? Could not find anything on
> the web.

I doubt there's a tool that would perform a simple conversion: you would
need to write a query parser and cope with any FQL that doesn't directly
map to Lucene syntax. We've been doing a similar job with to help
clients with large numbers of stored queries in dtSearch and Verity
syntaxes.

At Lucene Revolution I mentioned that we were interested in converting
other query syntaxes and FQL would certainly be one to consider -
especially as my co-presenter and colleague Alan Woodward spent many
years working with FAST ESP. Our presentation is here if you want to
find out more:
http://www.lucenerevolution.org/2013/Lucene-Solr-Revolution-2013-Dublin-Presentations#Charlie_Hull

Cheers

Charlie