Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/09 21:19:27 UTC

Apache Scout

Hi Dims,
  we went to UDDI4J underneath scout as a first cut
implementation.

Our goal eventually was to replace UDDI4J with jUDDI
Proxy (not a major effort). Hence we built a framework
in Scout to map Jaxr calls to UDDI4J to jUDDI. The end
result we want to achieve is Jaxr to jUDDI Proxy to
jUDDI.

I see Jeremy's implementation has direct reference to
jUDDI stuff, without going through the proxy.

Steve, do you have any comments?

Dims, whats the module that I need to use to checkout
Scout?

Cheers,
Anil

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Apache Scout

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Code is in SVN...

Step #1: log into svn.apache.org and run the svnpasswd command to set
up a password.
Step #2: Check out the code using SVN as follows:
svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/scout/trunk scout
Step #3: run "maven test" to try stuff out...run "maven jar" to generate a jar.

Notes:
- i have added Jeremy's code already
- got rid of the uddi package

TODO:
- Need to change the build to generate 2 jars. one for javax.* and
another for the rest.

Thanks,
dims