Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Evrim Ozcelik <ev...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/16 11:33:25 UTC

Calling Pages According to Some Probabilities

Hi,

I have a number of pages and I need to call one of them according to
some probability.

For example there are 3 pages; PageA, PageB and PageC.
At each iteration I need to call one of the pages according to
probabilities %30, %20 and %50.

Test Plan
	Thread Group
		Simple Controller
			Page A (%30)
			Page B (%20)
			Page C (%50)

So if I iterate 10 times, then the page callings may be like that:
PageB, PageA, PageC, PageC, PageB, PageC, PageA, PageA, PageC, PageC

How can I do this using JMeter?

--
Evrim Özçelik

Re: Calling Pages According to Some Probabilities

Posted by Ronan Klyne <ro...@groupbc.com>.
Evrim Ozcelik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a number of pages and I need to call one of them according to
> some probability.
>
> For example there are 3 pages; PageA, PageB and PageC.
> At each iteration I need to call one of the pages according to
> probabilities %30, %20 and %50.
>
> Test Plan
> 	Thread Group
> 		Simple Controller
> 			Page A (%30)
> 			Page B (%20)
> 			Page C (%50)
>
> So if I iterate 10 times, then the page callings may be like that:
> PageB, PageA, PageC, PageC, PageB, PageC, PageA, PageA, PageC, PageC
>
> How can I do this using JMeter?

There was a post a week ago (on 07/07/2008) called "Branching in tests"
that addresses this.

Essentially, use Beanshell and a switch controller.

	# r

--
Ronan Klyne
Business Collaborator Developer