Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Gardner <jo...@tagish.co.uk> on 2007/05/09 11:05:08 UTC

Multiple SSLs with multiple paths?

I have a Tomcat installation with two SSL installation on separate
static IP addresses using the following:

<Connector address="192.168.175.19" port="443" maxThreads="300"
minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" enableLookups="false"
disableUploadTimeout="true" acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https"
secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
keystoreFile="/keystore" keystorePass="xxxxxxx"/>

At the moment, when you go to the IP address in a browser, it returns
the index.html page in the ROOT context, but I need to point it to
another context, is this possible?

Thanks

John

RE: Multiple SSLs with multiple paths?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: John Gardner [mailto:john.gardner@tagish.co.uk]
> Subject: Re: Multiple SSLs with multiple paths?
>
> It's a nice idea, but Tomcat won't allow you to have multiple SSLs
> without having separate static IP addresses and therefore two <Host>
> elements won't actually work, it HAS to be within the
> <Connector> element.

Perhaps I'm being dense, but I don't see what's preventing you from
having multiple SSL <Connector> elements AND multiple <Host> elements
within the same <Engine>.  The requests will be routed to the proper
<Host> based on matching the DNS name of the interface or the IP
address, which should be specified as an <Alias> on the appropriate
<Host>.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Multiple SSLs with multiple paths?

Posted by John Gardner <jo...@tagish.co.uk>.
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: John Gardner [mailto:john.gardner@tagish.co.uk]
>> Subject: Re: Multiple SSLs with multiple paths?
>>
>> I have two static IP addresses, ss there any way I can point one
>> connector to ROOT and the other to another another webapp?  For
>> instance, if I used a Virtual Host, I could use the appBase=""
>> attribute, is there a way of doing this?
>
> Sounds like what you really need is two <Host> elements, not multiple
> SSL <Connector>s.  Each <Host> can have its own appBase and therefore
> its own ROOT context.  You may need to configure <Alias> elements within
> each <Host> to catch all the potential ways in.
>
>  - Chuck

Chuck

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by John Gardner <jo...@tagish.co.uk>.
David Smith wrote:
> Yes... delete the ROOT webapp in the webapps folder and rename your
> webapp to ROOT.  That webapp then becomes the default and will respond
> to any requests not matching any other webapp.
>
> --David

Thanks David, but that doesn't really solve my problem.

--
John Gardner - Tagish Ltd.
Infrastructure Manager

Re: Multiple SSLs with multiple paths?