Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/09 17:59:22 UTC

[all] Preparing to release commons-parent 14 pom

Apologies for this but the problems with commons-parent-13[1] mean
that I think we should do another release of commons-parent.

The changes[2] so far since the version 13 are:

1. Downgrade maven-site-plugin to 2.0.1 (MSITE-464)
2. Downgrade maven-javadoc-plugin to 2.5 (MJAVADOC-275)
3. Downgrade maven-bundle-plugin to 1.4.3 (JDK 1.4 compat)
4. Downgrade maven-remote-resources-plugin to 1.1 (JDK 1.4 compat)
5. Move maven-javadoc-plugin <source> config out of <pluginManagement>

I have tested all the site generations (using "mvn -Ptrunks-proper
-DskipTests" site) and generated all the jars (using using "mvn
-Ptrunks-proper -DskipTests package") and the site problems seem to be
resolved and the OSGi meta-data still looks good.

Is there anything critical anyone else wants to put into this release
(if you do please test thoroughly to avoid screwing up as I did with
version 13)? I'm hoping that we can be ready to start the release vote
in 24-48hrs.

Niall

[1] http://markmail.org/message/7xlgzzefqsfz4no2
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=920946&r2=920037&diff_format=h