Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez <lf...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/29 17:17:09 UTC

Matching data sources with web app context name - revisited

Hi.
We've implemented the data source name defaulting to the web app context name in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1027
Now, I've got an idea which would be great for our app. Just a small picture:
Our app, in the current version (struts / hibernate) has a single configuration file which contains the database configuration and other stuff. As there are servers with several instances of the same app, all the admin had to do was having a distinct file for each.
Now, on the new version (EJB 3 / GWT, still under development) he would have to setup the database in conf/openejb.xml, which is not bad, but the other application parameters must still be set in the properties file.
So, for the use point-of-view, the ideal solution would be to have a single configuration file.

It would be nice if it would be possible for us to read the config file and manually deploy a data source BEFORE the application is deployed, using the context path as datasource name.
Is there a way to do that? Something like a hook to run before the application is deployed?

Ah, another important question: our target schedule is Q4 2010. Will we have an EJB 3.1 compatible release until there (OpenEJB 3.2?) or at least a 3.0.3?

Thanks a lot.

Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez