Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jan Vermeulen <ja...@isencia.com> on 2007/07/03 13:51:22 UTC

Re: Problem with latest changes in FormComponent:validate()

Thanks for adding the 'INullAcceptingValidator'. This solves our problem in a
clean way.

Just a small suggestion: I've seen that the CompoundValidator does not
implement this interface. Would it not be correct to assure that the
CompoundValidator is called always, and that the same logic of checking the
implementation of the interface is applied to all the validators in the
chain ?

Jan.

Re: Problem with latest changes in FormComponent:validate()

Posted by Jan Vermeulen <ja...@isencia.com>.
I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

Jan.

Re: Problem with latest changes in FormComponent:validate()

Posted by Ryan Sonnek <ry...@gmail.com>.
Jan,
Just wanted to follow up with on this.  If you're looking for tight
integration of wicket with hibernate annotations, please check out the
wicketstuff-hibernate project.  I really think this would work well for
you.  You've obviously been working in this area for a while, so if there
are any things you can recommend for the wicketstuff-hibernate project that
would help your project, let me know.

http://jroller.com/page/wireframe/?anchor=hibernateannotationcomponentconfigurator

Ryan

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> Thanks for adding the 'INullAcceptingValidator'. This solves our problem in a
> clean way.
>
> Just a small suggestion: I've seen that the CompoundValidator does not
> implement this interface. Would it not be correct to assure that the
> CompoundValidator is called always, and that the same logic of checking the
> implementation of the interface is applied to all the validators in the
> chain ?

Sounds reasonable, but I didn't implement it. Matej/ Igor?

Eelco