Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/19 14:29:40 UTC

System VMs stuck in Starting state in a new Advanced Zone

Hello,

I have created a new advanced zone and after enabled it, System VMs are
stuck in Starting state. I have double checked primary and secondary
storage mountability and reachability. Also their root volumes are created
in the primary storage. All bridges on the host are configured precisely.

Please advise.

Thank you

Re: System VMs stuck in Starting state in a new Advanced Zone

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
check your bridges once more - also at some point, systemvm.iso will be
mounted to SSVM/CPVM to provision vanilla systemvm template to become SSVM
or CPVM - simply check the logs - can't proceed without logs obviously...

--

Andrija Panić

Re: System VMs stuck in Starting state in a new Advanced Zone

Posted by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Fariborz,

Do you mind sharing which version of CloudStack, systemvmtmeplate and details about your hypervisor?

Ensure that cloud0 device is UP and that you're using the correct systemvmtemplate version with the CloudStack version.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue

https://www.shapeblue.com