Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2008/04/29 16:56:05 UTC

netstat info-blacklist IP

I was running in major overloads on my box and I kept noticing entries such
as these

enewsletter11.ru.2500  TIME_WAIT
enewsletter11.ru.2353  ESTABLISHED
enewsletter11.ru.2371  TIME_WAIT
enewsletter11.ru.2350  ESTABLISHED

half of them would eventually time out-
 SMTP command timeout on connection from enewsletter11.ruceci.com
(enewsletter.ruceci.com) [208.74.102.200]

others made it through

and I checked the messages that made it through- they are definitely UCE

I did trace it back to this IP
enewsletter11.ruceci.com (enewsletter.ruceci.com) [208.74.102.200]
which is a datacenter in KS
Arsalon Technologies LLC

I'm not sure what is going on but why are they stuck to my server-

Is it safe to blacklist the IP - if so I don't recall  seeing info on
blacklist IP's

By the way how can I get more data on why it timed out ?

Thanks

Re: netstat info-blacklist IP

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> How do I go about shunning the IP -  via Exim or via SA?
>
> And where if possible

the most effective is at the firewall level. why let it open a TCP session?

RE: netstat info-blacklist IP

Posted by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>.

Posted by Jack Pepper <pe...@autoshun.org>.