Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Karim Bourouba <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2009/05/20 17:57:24 UTC

Strange Syste.ArgumentNullException

Hi All,

I am getting a strange System.ArgumentNullException when using a AdoNetAppender.

The message I am passing is is caught and logged to the DB, but on the console I am getting the following error:

log4net:ERROR [AdoNetAppender] Could not open database connection []
System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.Collections.Hashtable.get_Item(Object key)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPoolManager.GetPool(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender.InitializeDatabaseConnection()

I have checked my app.config, but I am unsure as to where this error is coming from and I am also unsure as to why the message I am trying to log is getting logged to my DB.

Could someone help me out please? I am certain that someone on this list will be able to give me a clue as to where to start looking...

Beyond Hotmail — see what else you can do with Windows Live.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665375/direct/01/

Re: Strange Syste.ArgumentNullException

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Looks like the MySql connection pool is loosing the connection string. What version of the mysql provider are you using?

[...]

Get the New Internet Explore 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now