Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jacob D <ja...@orosoftsolutions.com> on 2011/10/13 13:22:53 UTC

Issue in QPID : timed out waiting for session to become open (state=DETACHED)

Hello,

I have a set-up where I am using a Java Broker Version 0.6, with clients
(Producers as well as Consumers) in both Java as well as C#. Sometimes, my
Java Producer hangs up, throwing the error :

org.apache.qpid.transport.SessionException: timed out waiting for session to
become open (state=DETACHED)
    at org.apache.qpid.transport.Session.invoke(Session.java:572)
    at org.apache.qpid.transport.Session.invoke(Session.java:513)
    at
org.apache.qpid.transport.SessionInvoker.exchangeDeclare(SessionInvoker.java:196)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageProducer_0_10.declareDestination(BasicMessageProducer_0_10.java:63)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageProducer.<init>(BasicMessageProducer.java:141)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageProducer_0_10.<init>(BasicMessageProducer_0_10.java:54)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession_0_10.createMessageProducer(AMQSession_0_10.java:559)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession_0_10.createMessageProducer(AMQSession_0_10.java:67)
    at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession$6.execute(AMQSession.java:2313)
    at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession$6.execute(AMQSession.java:2308)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.executeRetrySupport(AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.java:287)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.executeRetrySupport(AMQConnection.java:741)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.failover.FailoverRetrySupport.execute(FailoverRetrySupport.java:102)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.createProducerImpl(AMQSession.java:2306)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.createProducerImpl(AMQSession.java:2300)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.createProducer(AMQSession.java:1022)
    at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.createProducer(AMQSession.java:113)
    at com.neo.startup.OnlHandler.publishOrderMessage(OnlHandler.java:194)

The mailing lists has mentioned about this error in version 0.5 and it being
resolved but I am facing this in version 0.6.

Now, if I have to update to the current version, it does not have the Dot
Net files required for my C# client.  The download site has the WCF files,
but it mentions it is for C++ broker.
Now how do I go ahead with the update for my setup?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Jacob

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Issue in QPID : timed out waiting for session to become open (state=DETACHED)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
There are a multitude of issues which could result in the exception
shown below, so it is entirely possible one which did was fixed but
you have hit something else.

The old C# clients have not been maintained for a very long time, so
we took the decision to remove them. A binding wrapper for the C++
clients new messaging api is now provided with to allow use with .Net
projects, however there is nothing stopping you continuing to use the
old client if it still meets your needs. The WCF channel was initially
written when the Java broker still didn't support the AMQP 0-10
protocol version and that is part of the reason why that C++ broker
label was put there on the download page. Strictly speaking it should
probably work against the Java broker now too, although I cant say if
its ever been tried.

Robbie