Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/24 16:16:56 UTC

Timing for creating the 10.13 release branch?

Hi all,

I'm contemplating creating the 10.13 release branch relatively
soon, after I do a bit of housekeeping to make sure that my
environment is ready: https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleasePrep

Is anybody in the midst of something for which they'd prefer I
delay creating the release branch somewhat?

Obviously, this is not the cut-off for 10.13 work items; it's just
that, once the branch is created, if you have 10.13-targeted
work you'd have to merge that work from trunk into the branch.

If you have an opinion about the timing (I'm particularly
interested in whether DERBY-6856 is or should be targeted to 10.13),
please make a noise.

Otherwise, I'll create the release branch sometime soon (hopefully
before the end of September).

thanks,

bryan

Re: Timing for creating the 10.13 release branch?

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan,

I'm not planning any further work for 10.13. I've answered your question
on DERBY-6856: Java 9 won't go GA until next year, so it can't be a
platform supported by Derby 10.13.

Thanks,
-Rick