Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com> on 2006/03/06 10:42:14 UTC

[FYI] alternative navigation

Hi all,

I just stumbled over:
http://www.theyrule.net/

"They Rule allows you to create maps of the interlocking directories of
the top companies in the US in 2004."

It is a pretty nice example for an alternative navigation. We should be
able to do the same in lenya with topic maps.

BTW what a nice name for a site. ;)

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain

Re: [FYI] alternative navigation

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>El lun, 06-03-2006 a las 12:12 +0100, Michael Wechner escribió:
>

>>Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I just stumbled over:
>>>http://www.theyrule.net/
>>>
>>>"They Rule allows you to create maps of the interlocking directories of
>>>the top companies in the US in 2004."
>>>
>>>It is a pretty nice example for an alternative navigation. We should be
>>>able to do the same in lenya with topic maps.
>>>

>>btw:
>>
>>http://www.wyonapictures.com/en/topicmap.html
>>

>nice. :)
>
>BTW how do you edit it?

vi ;-)

>Have you written a special tm editor for lenya?

no, but it would be nice to have tool handy when "creating" new content

>Do you know if there is an applet for the tm, that I can navigate it
>from my browser?

no, but I would also be very interested to have this. But let me ask on
their mailing list ...

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: [FYI] alternative navigation

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I just stumbled over:
>http://www.theyrule.net/
>
>"They Rule allows you to create maps of the interlocking directories of
>the top companies in the US in 2004."
>
>It is a pretty nice example for an alternative navigation. We should be
>able to do the same in lenya with topic maps.

btw:

http://www.wyonapictures.com/en/topicmap.html

>BTW what a nice name for a site. ;)

it is :-) btw, there also exists a RDF version (but I am not sure if it
was updated recently)

Michi

--
Michael Wechner