Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Finotti Simone <te...@yoox.com> on 2012/03/14 11:43:37 UTC

Sorting on non-stored field

I was wondering: is it possible to sort a Solr result-set on a non-stored value?

Thank you

Re: Sorting on non-stored field

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <ku...@solarier.de>.
Am 14.03.2012 11:43, schrieb Finotti Simone:
> I was wondering: is it possible to sort a Solr result-set on a non-stored value?

Yes, it is. It must be indexed, indeed.

-Kuli

Re: Sorting on non-stored field

Posted by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com>.
it should be indexed by not analyzed. it don't need stored.
reading field values from stored fields is extremely slow.
So lucene will use StringIndex to read fields for sort. so if you want to
sort by some field, you should index this field and don't analyze it.