Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Nick Pratt <nb...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/29 20:30:31 UTC

Jetty Gzip Compression

Ive enabled Gzip compression via the Jetty filter for my application (Jetty
v6 and v8).
Based on Chrome Dev Tools and Firebug in Firefox, my .js and .css files are
not being compressed (browser states in the request that it will take gzip
response), although text/html is, and Im trying to understand why.

Ive got the mimeTypes configured in the GzipFilter servlet, minGzipSize
defaults to 0 bytes.

In Wicket 6, is there anything going on with the resources that would
prevent Jetty's GzipFilter from working?

Ive tried placing the filter both before and after the WicketFilter.

Chrome's PageSpeed analyzer also thinks most of my larger JS files are not
compressed (Ive been looking at the Response headers)

Any thoughts?

Re: Jetty Gzip Compression

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5392