Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Roger Lee <rc...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/10 05:45:26 UTC

530 Authentication Failed

Just starting to get my feet wet with ftpserver.  Eventually I want to embed it in an application but for now I'm trying the "Running FtpServer stan-alone in 5 minutes".  No matter what I have tried I get the 530 message when I try to log on.

Thanks for the help,
Roger

Re: 530 Authentication Failed

Posted by Roger Lee <rc...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply.
I solved my problem after doing a search on "530".  I found a thread that
mentioned adding "res\conf\ftpd-typical.xml" to the startup line.  After
editing that file and the "user.properties" file I have everything running
fine.

Roger

> Just starting to get my feet wet with ftpserver. Eventually I want to
> embed it in an application but for now I'm trying the "Running FtpServer
> stan-alone in 5 minutes". No matter what I have tried I get the 530
> message when I try to log on.

Could you describe a bit further what you do, your environment and
upload the log file from res/log somewhere. I just tried to download
FtpServer 1.0.4 and follow the instructions in the tutorial. For me it
worked as described, but environments might be different.

/niklas

Re: 530 Authentication Failed

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.