Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org> on 2018/03/27 04:35:34 UTC

Looking for AsyncWAL docs

Hi folks,

I've been working on some of the docs relating to the upcoming 2.0 release
and have struggled to find content around AsyncWAL. My impression is that
this is a pretty important new feature, yet there's nothing in the ref
guide about it.

Does it have a different name that I'm not familiar with?

If it's not in the ref guide, should I file a JIRA issue for somebody to
generate that content? Specific things that I'd be looking for are:
- How to enable/disable
- How does this impact data durability, MTTR, failover scenarios, etc.
- How does this impact replication
- Which configuration knobs exist and when would I want to tune them

As a last resort, I can try to dig through RNs in existing issues, but
that's been pretty hit or miss (mostly miss) for me so far too.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Looking for AsyncWAL docs

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.