Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Antony Puckey <an...@rdihost.com> on 2003/06/25 04:41:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Weird Memory problem.

Hi there,

 This is my first post so please be nice ;).

 I have Apache 1.3.27 compiled with the following configuration.

 Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2634 PHP/4.3.2
mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_ssl/2.8.14 OpenSSL/0.9.7b

My problem is that over time the server tends to use more and more virtual
memory. If I leave it go for 2 weeks it uses about 150mb virtualmemory and
the only way to stop it is to physically stop it and start it again as a
simple restart doesn't make it stop. It looks like a very slow leak
somewhere. I'm using Debian/woody and the server has 3 ssl certificates if
that makes any difference. If you need any more information I can supply it.

Thanks in advance

Antony Puckey