Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com> on 2010/12/15 17:57:51 UTC

Additional sa-update channels

Sorry all,

Been away from the list for quite some time.  Just updated SA from 3.2.5
to 3.3.1.  Have been trying to find a list of sa-update channels that are
still relevant but not with much success.

Does anyone know is such a list exists, or if you know of which additional
channels can still be used. I know a lot of them have been merged into SA
and some are outdated and recommended not to be used.

Thanks
Andy

Re: Additional sa-update channels

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <sa...@alexb.ch>.
On 2010-12-15 21:41, Lawrence @ Rogers wrote:
> On 15/12/2010 3:51 PM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
>> The khop rules are good. I thought the 2tld stuff had been pulled into
>> SA as 20_aux_tlds.cf?
> It has, but the Daryl edited one has some additional stuff (I think)
> that isn't in there. There is conditional code that enables certain
> rules in the file depending on what version of SA you are running.

I really doubt this being the case as we was pulling the files from
http://www.rulesemporium.com/ which is history.

90_2tld.cf and 20_aux_tlds.cf were created/updated by the same person.

Re: Additional sa-update channels

Posted by "Lawrence @ Rogers" <la...@nl.rogers.com>.

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.

--
Bowie

Re: Additional sa-update channels

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 15.12.10 14:30, Lawrence @ Rogers wrote:
> Have to disagree on the Sought rules. I've seen them give quite a few
> false positives (mostly on e-mail notifications from social networks
> Facebook and Twitter), and hit on hardly any spam at all.

I have seen many correct hits on SOUGHT (on mail that would be a FN
otherwise) and FPs are usually cut off quite fast.
Linux IS user friendly, it's just selective who its friends are...

Re: Additional sa-update channels

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <sa...@alexb.ch>.
On 2010-12-15 19:00, Lawrence @ Rogers wrote:

<massive_snip>

> 90_2tld.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net

this has been deprecated and replaced with SA's default  20_aux_tlds.cf

See in: 20_aux_tlds.cf

# This file replaces the SARE http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/90_2tld.cf
# which will be deprecated as from 2010-05-01

Re: Additional sa-update channels

Posted by "Lawrence @ Rogers" <la...@nl.rogers.com>.
On 15/12/2010 1:32 PM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> On 12/15/2010 11:57 AM, Andy Jezierski wrote:
>> Sorry all,
>>
>> Been away from the list for quite some time.  Just updated SA from
>> 3.2.5 to 3.3.1.  Have been trying to find a list of sa-update channels
>> that are still relevant but not with much success.
>>
>> Does anyone know is such a list exists, or if you know of which
>> additional channels can still be used. I know a lot of them have been
>> merged into SA and some are outdated and recommended not to be used.
> All of the good SARE rules have been merged into SA.  All of the SARE
> update channels should no longer be used (as the rules are no longer
> being updated).
>
> The best additional channel to use at the moment is the Sought ruleset.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SoughtRules

Have to disagree on the Sought rules. I've seen them give quite a few
false positives (mostly on e-mail notifications from social networks
Facebook and Twitter), and hit on hardly any spam at all.

Your best best is to use the khop rules, along with one SARE set still
being updated by Daryl. Below are the channels I recommend:

updates.spamassassin.org
khop-bl.sa.khopesh.com
khop-blessed.sa.khopesh.com
khop-dynamic.sa.khopesh.com