Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by drkm <da...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/08/03 14:37:58 UTC

Re: Subscribing the list at Gmane.org (Usenet gateway) ?

  Hi

  Any reaction ?

  I think if there is no objection, I'll subscribe the list at Gmane in
a few days.

--drkm

 --- drkm a écrit :

  Hi

  I read this list from a few time.  But I think emails are less
adapted than Usenet to discuss.  Do you know Gmane.org ?  It acts like
a gateway between ML and Usenet.  So after subscribing, we can read and
post from/to the news server, transparently.

  I think this is entirely free.  A lot of free software-related ML are
mirrored there.  Like log4j and log4net.  Can you consider subscribe
the list ?  There is a subscribing form there :

    <URL:http://gmane.org/subscribe.php>

and infos about other log4* ML at Gmane there :

    <URL:http://gmane.org/find.php?list=log4>

(ahem, please don't make the user list read-only, as the log4net user
list; why they made that ?).

  If you want, I can do it, but I didn't want to subscribe the list
without asking you before.

  Regards,

--drkm, en recherche d'un stage :
http://www.fgeorges.org/ipl/stage.html

Re: Subscribing the list at Gmane.org (Usenet gateway) ?

Posted by Michaël CATANZARITI <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi,

In the Apache Foundation, every project as Project Management Committee. Concerning Apache Logging, we have only once PMC for the four sister project (log4j, log4net, log4php, and log4cxx).

For further details, see:
http://logging.apache.org/site/bylaws.html#Project%20Management%20Committee

Regards,

--
Michaël CATANZARITI
log4cxx project manager

Re: Subscribing the list at Gmane.org (Usenet gateway) ?

Posted by Christophe de VIENNE <cd...@alphacent.com>.

Posted by Michael CATANZARITI <mc...@free.fr>.
Yes !

So I think "drkm" can subscribe the list at Gmane.

regards,

Michaël

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Re: Subscribing the list at Gmane.org (Usenet gateway) ?

Posted by Michael CATANZARITI <mc...@free.fr>.
Hello,

Posted by drkm <da...@yahoo.fr>.
 --- Christophe de VIENNE <cd...@alphacent.com> a écrit :

> drkm wrote:

  [...]

> >(ahem, please don't make the user list read-only, as the log4net
> user
> >list; why they made that ?).

> Probably to avoid non-subscribed people to post. If one want to post
> on
> the newsgroup, does he need to subscribe to the mailing-list first ?

  When you try to post the fist time to a group you never post before,
you receive a confirmation mail request.  From all the ML I subscribed,
I never receive a spam message from Gmane (other than the message
sended by other ways to the ML).

> Anyway before doing it I think you should wait for Mickaël opinion.

  Off course.

--drkm

Re: Subscribing the list at Gmane.org (Usenet gateway) ?

Posted by Christophe de VIENNE <cd...@alphacent.com>.