Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Prachi Rath <pr...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/10 14:41:29 UTC

openjdk for cassandra production cluster

HI users,
I have created a cassandra cluster with openjdk 1.8.0_181
version.(cassandra 2.1.17)
started each node, cluster looks healthy,but in  the log files saw the WARN
message below:

WARN [main] 2014-01-28 06:02:17,861 CassandraDaemon.java (line 155) OpenJDK
is not recommended. Please upgrade to the newest Oracle Java release

Is this message  WARN informational only or can it be real issue?
Did any one noticed something like this (Or using openjdk for production
environment)

Thanks ,
Prachi

RE: openjdk for cassandra production cluster

Posted by Jonathan Baynes <Jo...@tradeweb.com>.
I’m using OpenJDK on version 3.10 (rehl 7.3) in Production and have the warning in the logs. I have a stable system, I think you can ignore it.

The warning should be removed (if it hasn’t already), it’s unnecessary at this point

--
Jon Haddad
http://www.rustyrazorblade.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.rustyrazorblade.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=sA0VaJZJFLZREu2pbPeqjXHJ-Wd9NNzgHW3gpUOLSSk&r=CNKccIKIKCVbYTu1VxR8dIOP6NLpf4fYjidpNm-diQ8&m=tc8oeDBEaE6Y8xu1UJEziI67Qb6GPj7lBA7HzvxT7sY&s=U6TqOtwdXMlYg6m1gK7NwxvFE5AZVQiIdX-iYS5zEhE&e=>

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products / services, please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com or by writing to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe Limited (company number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy policy, visit our website @ www.tradeweb.com.

Re: openjdk for cassandra production cluster

Posted by Christophe Schmitz <ch...@instaclustr.com>.
It is fixed in 3.11.2 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13916

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.