Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2011/12/12 19:18:21 UTC

December Board Report

Hi Team,

Our December Board report is due Wednesday.  I took a first shot at it
(included below) that is checked in to svn.  If you have any edits,
please discuss here.  I'll submit it (with any recommended edits)
Tuesday (tomorrow) night.

Thanks,

Les

------------------------------------
2011 December - Board report for Apache Shiro

Apache Shiro is a powerful and flexible open-source application security
framework that cleanly handles authentication, authorization, enterprise
session management and cryptography.

We have no issues that require Board assistance at this time.

Releases:
- No new releases.

Community & Project:

 - In our last report, we were considering voting on 1.2 as soon as possible.
   Instead, we delayed the vote to allow finishing a number of issues
   related to making password hashing much easier for applications.  That work
   is 95% complete and it is expected that a 1.2 vote will happen within a
   week or two.

 - The community continues to grow, with new articles being written by the
   community.  We appreciated and were excited to see an extremely thorough
   article written by Meri covering Shiro cryptography:
   http://meri-stuff.blogspot.com/2011/12/apache-shiro-part-3-cryptography.html

 - The mailing lists remain healthy.  Much of the community is awaiting the 1.2
   release, and this has become our highest priority.