Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Henning Kulander <he...@linpro.no> on 2006/05/19 12:28:47 UTC

Using e-mail address as login name in Roller

Hi!

Has anyone tried to configure Roller to use the users e-mail address as
login name instead of the username in rolleruser, which is not allowed
to contain @ or .?

This functionality is needed to migrate users from an older blogging
system to Roller, without having to inform all users of new login names
etc...

What do I have to do to accomplish this?

Henning Kulander
System consultant
Linpro AS - Norway's #1 Linux company

Re: Using e-mail address as login name in Roller

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
There is actually a property in the roller config file that lets to set
which characters are allowed for usernames.

# allow "_" in usernames
username.allowedChars=A-Za-z0-9_

The example above is used to add underscore "_" characters to the
username.  If you wanted email address then you should add a few more
characters ... ".", "@", "-" and possibly others.

-- Allen