Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Da...@fiduciagad.de on 2020/07/29 07:05:02 UTC

Hive Warehouse Connector Dependency issue

Hi,

we are currently trying to use the Hive Warehouse Connector to read
transactional tables in Hive (3.0.0.3.1) from Spark (2.3.0). It seems that
there is no other option to do so, when the hive tables are transactional.
Our application (spring-boot and spark) is runnig fine without the HWC but
when we add the dependency of the HWC there seems to be no way to get it
running properly.

It always says things like
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
LoggerFactory is not a Logback LoggerContext but Logback is on the
classpath.
Either remove Logback or the competing implementation (class
org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory loaded from
file:/C:/daten/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/com.hortonworks.hive/hive-warehouse-connector_2.11/1.0.0.7.2.0.0-237/b94da46aaaa707d02e422e91f9a2bf27cf6e5d9e/hive-warehouse-connector_2.11-1.0.0.7.2.0.0-237.jar).
 If you are using WebLogic you will need to add 'org.slf4j' to
prefer-application-packages in WEB-INF/weblogic.xml:
org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory

It seems that in the jar of the HWC there is the "competing"
Log4jLoggerFactory. But when I tried to not use Logback at all, it`s also
not working because HWS also seems to need the
"ch.qos.logback:logback-classic" dependency.

Was anyone able to get the HWC running and solve this problem?
Or is there another way to read transactional tables in hive, without the
HWC?

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel

Fiducia & GAD IT AG | www.fiduciagad.de
AG Frankfurt a. M. HRB 102381 | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt a. M. |
USt-IdNr. DE 143582320
Vorstand: Martin Beyer (Vorstandssprecher), Birgit Frohnhoff, Jörg Staff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Brinkmann