Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Михаил Иванов <iv...@isle.spb.ru> on 2022/10/20 15:22:13 UTC

Temporary queue with proton

Hallo,

When I use c proton with qpid c++ broker, a '#' convention
to create temporary queue (deleted on connection close) can be used.
But when I try to use this convention with rabbitmq broker it does
not work. I can create queue name myself of course, but how should
I declare it to be temporary with auto-deletion on connection close?

I am using pn_messenger interface to send messages.

Best regards,

--

Michael Ivanov

Re: Temporary queue with proton

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Messenger hasnt been a focus for a long long time for a variety of
reasons, it was deprecated or in most cases deleted several years ago,
you should avoid it for any current development work.

The '#' address was just a client-side convention some of the clients
had to request the client open a link with the 'dynamic' flag set on
the source terminus, which indicates the peer (broker) create should
create a dynamically-named node and tell the client what its address
is in the reply. Thus giving a temporary-queue.

It could be Rabbit doesnt support the 'dynamic' flag, youd have to
check with them (but maybe it has an alternative broker-specific
approach you could perhaps use if so). Or it could be Messenger may be
doing something else it didnt like. Or both. In any case as above you
should avoid Messenger.