Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Joseph Huber <JH...@stanref.com.INVALID> on 2022/09/16 22:02:55 UTC

"java.xxx does not export yyy.zzz to unamed module" for NetBeans classes

Hello!

I am in the process of converting my RCP app from NetBeans 8.2/Java 8 to NetBeans 15/Java 17.  As I am debugging in NB15/J17, I am noticing a number of warnings such as below, this particular one being from a NetBeans module.  In searching through the user list message archive, a couple of years ago the solution was to add a bunch of "-J--add-opens" to the app's command line.  Is this still the proper method to eliminate this issue?  I haven't found yet how this is actually affecting my application.

[...]
INFO [org.netbeans.ui.metrics.laf]: USG_LOOK_AND_FEEL
java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class org.netbeans.TopSecurityManager cannot access class sun.awt.AppContext (in module java.desktop) because module java.desktop does not export sun.awt to unnamed module @27d6c5e0
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.Reflection.newIllegalAccessException(Reflection.java:392)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkAccess(AccessibleObject.java:674)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:560)
	at org.netbeans.TopSecurityManager.makeSwingUseSpecialClipboard(TopSecurityManager.java:714)
	at org.netbeans.core.NbLifecycleManager.advancePolicy(NbLifecycleManager.java:71)
	at org.netbeans.core.GuiRunLevel.run(GuiRunLevel.java:84)
	at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Main.java:312)
	at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(TopThreadGroup.java:98)

Thank You!

Joe Huber
Standard Refrigeration LLC
2005 Reverchon Dr