Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by exones <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/10 16:12:18 UTC

Ignite .NET on Linux

Hello,

We are "gridifying" our application with Ignite and would like to know if
it's possible to run .NET application *on Linux using mono* which itself
runs Ignite node inside (via Ignition.Start). So basically we have app.exe
which runs Ignition.Start(). Then we use .NET Ignite compute functions to do
the job.

I looked at the code and it looks Ignite .NET is quite tightly bound to
Windows with no considerations for running on Linux.

We considered options like running java app which calls .NET implementation
(either via IKVM or JNI or some kind of IPC). Anything more elegant?

Can you advise me on this?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Ignite .NET on Linux

Posted by exones <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you,

We will consider contributing if no one is doing this at the moment.

Re: Ignite .NET on Linux

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I think there are only two windows-specific things in
Apache.Ignite.Core.dll:
* Embedded windows dll with JNI interop code, which is loaded in
UnmanagedUtils class initializer via LoadLibrary system call
* IgniteUtils.LoadJvmDll, which uses registry to locate Java installation
paths

So if you are willing to contribute, it should not be too hard to add a
couple of "#if __MonoCS__" there.
JIRA ticket already exists:

Not sure if there is an easier way to do this.

Pavel.