Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Prannoy Pilligundla <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/07 21:11:18 UTC

Issue with MathML

Hi everyone,

I am Prannoy and I am working on a project which involves latex to odt
conversion. I am facing some issues with mathml. For example the following
is the mathml code generated for a composite fraction

<math:math xmlns:math="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML" xmlns:xlink="
http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">

 <math:mfrac><math:mrow><math:mi>x</math:mi> <math:mo>+</math:mo>
<math:mn>1</math:mn></math:mrow>
<math:mrow>
 <math:mfrac><math:mrow><math:mi>x</math:mi><math:mo>+</math:mo><math:mn>2</math:mn></math:mrow>
<math:mrow><math:mi>y</math:mi><math:mo>+</math:mo><math:mi>z</math:mi><math:mo>+</math:mo><math:mi>w</math:mi></math:mrow></math:mfrac></math:mrow></math:mfrac>
</math:math>

When I test this mathml code in this link
<http://www.fmath.info/formula/examples.jsp#mathml>, I am able to see the
expected expression but when I open the odt file in OpenOffice I don't see
the math expression as expected. When this expression is opened in the eqn
editor of OpenOffice there is a missing opening brace and a missing closing
brace. Here I am not sure whether this is a bug in tex4ht(used for tex to
odt conversion) or with OpenOffice. It would be great if someone could
guide me on this.

Looking forward to hear from you guys

Thanks and Regards
Prannoy Pilligundla