Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Headley, Garrett" <HE...@nv.doe.gov> on 2008/03/03 16:56:55 UTC

embedding classes / packages in a bundle

I have a question about how to embed classes or packages in a bundle.
For instance, given the example extender based application, assume one
of the shapes is using classes from swingx.  Rather than add
org.jdesktop.swingx to the map of framework system packages when felix
is started up by the host, is there a way to embed the package (or
specific class) in the bundle?

Thanks

Garrett

Re: embedding classes / packages in a bundle

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
If you are using our maven bundle plugin, then you can just tell it to
include any packages you want into the resulting bundle JAR file. The
example app itself does this to package all of the Felix packages into
the "host" bundle so that it can run in "hosted framework" mode.

-> richard