Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Todd Sussman <to...@careonnet.com> on 2000/11/07 09:55:01 UTC

error 405 when using post

I am running apache 1.3.14 --  tomcat 3.1 --  and the jserv.so on a linux
RH6.2 machine.
In order to log in to our service we use jsp pages with the post method.  It
is being written to another jsp page.  I understand that the post must go to
an executable and I assume a jsp page is one.  But I always get the 405
method not allowed.  I have chmod to 755 the directory with our jsp's but
this didn't help.  It works fin under winNT and 2000.  Any ideas would be
appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Todd

Posted by "Julio Serje (@canada.com)" <js...@home.com>.
Check also the permissions of the work directory. (Tomcat compiles the
.jsp's to  .java files in this directory and then javac's the resulting
.java to generate the .class that is finally executed.) The work directory
is normally created under  $TOMCAT_HOME or under the same directory the
starup.sh is invoked.

Julio Serje
Calian Tech