Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Mathieu St-Gelais <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/06 16:27:44 UTC

Help with IntelliJ on MacOS

Hi guys

I'm relatively new to Mac, and I've been struggling to setup my Flex
environment for two days now. Here's what I have achieved so far:

   - I've installed the latest Flex SDK
   - I've installed the latest AIR version (3.8)
   - I've installed IntelliJ IDEA
   - I've successfully deployed a Web Flex application

Here's what I can't do:

   - Deploy a Flex mobile app, and run it in the emulator

After compilation, I see the emulator appear for a split second, and I get
the following output/error message (the project is named Flexing):

/Library/Flex/bin/adl -profile extendedMobileDevice -screensize iPhone
-XscreenDPI 163 -XversionPlatform IOS
/Users/mstgelais/IdeaProjects/Flexing/out/production/Flexing/Flexing-android-descriptor.xml
/Users/mstgelais/IdeaProjects/Flexing/out/production/Flexing
error while loading initial content

Process finished with exit code 9

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm sure I'm only missing some simple option or
flag somewhere.

Mat

Re: Help with IntelliJ on MacOS

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
Don't hesitate to ask questions. Feedback helps us to make the next
IntelliJ IDEA 13 better.
The fastest way to get support for IntelliJ DEA is our forum ([1]) or if
you don't want your question to be publicly visible - Help | Contact
Support Team.

[1] http://devnet.jetbrains.com/community/idea/ideacommunity

--
Alexander Doroshko
IntelliJ IDEA Flash Team Lead

Re: Help with IntelliJ on MacOS

Posted by Scott Matheson <sm...@intralinks.com>.
Hi
   I know what you mean, it took me 2 weeks to get an environment up and
running an checking in with SVN (well almost), this is a nice tool with
good support it just take a long time to tune a generic tool to you flex
environment, I will run out of time before I complete the process so will

This would have sorted out you issue

Please check http://stackoverflow.com/a/15549134/104891 .

I found this a help

http://wiki.jetbrains.net/intellij/Developing,_running_and_packaging_AIR_mo
bile_applications_for_Android .

Scott

On 9/6/13 3:43 PM, "Mathieu St-Gelais" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks a lot! It's now working flawlessly.
>
>Mat
>

>On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Maarten Cammaert
><ma...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey Mat,
>>
>> It's probably the incorrect AIR version in the default application
>> descriptor file.
>>
>> Try creating a manual descriptor.xml file (Project Structure -> Modules
>>->
>> Android or IOS tab -> Application descriptor -> Custom template).
>> Hit the Create button, and change the xmlns to the correct AIR version.
>>3.8
>> in your case.
>> Now you can use this same file for both IOS and Android or take the same
>> steps for the other system.
>>
>> That should fix the error.
>>
>> Maarten
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Mathieu St-Gelais <
>> mathieu.stgelais@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi guys
>> >
>> > I'm relatively new to Mac, and I've been struggling to setup my Flex
>> > environment for two days now. Here's what I have achieved so far:
>> >
>> >    - I've installed the latest Flex SDK
>> >    - I've installed the latest AIR version (3.8)
>> >    - I've installed IntelliJ IDEA
>> >    - I've successfully deployed a Web Flex application
>> >
>> > Here's what I can't do:
>> >
>> >    - Deploy a Flex mobile app, and run it in the emulator
>> >
>> > After compilation, I see the emulator appear for a split second, and I
>> get
>> > the following output/error message (the project is named Flexing):
>> >
>> > /Library/Flex/bin/adl -profile extendedMobileDevice -screensize iPhone
>> > -XscreenDPI 163 -XversionPlatform IOS
>> >

>>/Users/mstgelais/IdeaProjects/Flexing/out/production/Flexing/Flexing-andr
>>oid-descriptor.xml
>> > /Users/mstgelais/IdeaProjects/Flexing/out/production/Flexing
>> > error while loading initial content
>> >
>> > Process finished with exit code 9
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot for your help. I'm sure I'm only missing some simple
>>option
>> or
>> > flag somewhere.
>> >
>> > Mat

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of this email and any attachments. Thank you.

Re: Help with IntelliJ on MacOS

Posted by Mathieu St-Gelais <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maarten Cammaert <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Mat,