Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dusty Everman <du...@rentals.com> on 2000/04/10 01:42:41 UTC

Unable to build Tomcat 3.1 beta using Ant on NT

As best as I can tell, I've set up my development environment appropriately
and I've followed the simple instructions, but when I try to build Tomcat
using JDK 1.2.2., I get the following error:

Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat
Executing Target: init
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: tomcat
Compiling 259 source files to C:\jakarta\build\tomcat\classes
javac: invalid flag: -sourcepath
use: javac [-g][-O][-debug][-depend][-nowarn][-verbose][-classpath
path][-nowrite][-deprecation][-d dir][-J<runtime flag>] file.java...

Why the heck would javac not recognize -sourcepath?  Does anyone have any
advice on how to solve this problem?  I'm a newbie to Ant, so I'm having a
difficult time tracking this down.

Thanks,
Dusty