Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Alexandre Gomes <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/23 21:33:29 UTC

XMLRPC API for Continuum 1.0.3?

Hi,

is there an API to programatically access Continuum 1.0.3? I've seem XMLRPC
[1], but it seems to work only with 1.1 version. I tried to run a simple
example [2] against a 1.0.3 installation, but an error pops up [3]. I've
seen another reference to this error at Google [4], but it didn't have any
conclusion.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks a lot.
-- Ale!

[1] http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.1/developer_guides/xmlrpc.html

[2]
        String username = "admin";
        String password = "admin";
        URL url = new URL("http://localhost:8000");
        ContinuumXmlRpcClient client = new ContinuumXmlRpcClient(url,
username, password);

        // List<ProjectGroupSummary> pgs = client.getAllProjectGroups();
        List<ProjectGroup> pgs = client.getAllProjectGroupsWithProjects();

[3]
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException:
java.lang.Exception: RPC handler object
"org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.ContinuumService" not found and no
default handler registered
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:184)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:145)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:94)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:39)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:53)
    at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:166)
    at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:136)
    at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:125)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.util.ClientFactory$1.invoke(ClientFactory.java:104)
    at $Proxy0.getAllProjectGroupsWithAllDetails(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.client.ContinuumXmlRpcClient.getAllProjectGroupsWithAllDetails(ContinuumXmlRpcClient.java:172)
    at
org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.client.ContinuumXmlRpcClient.getAllProjectGroupsWithProjects(ContinuumXmlRpcClient.java:181)
    at
org.rhq.plugins.continuum.TestContinnumAPI.main(TestContinnumAPI.java:24)

[4] http://osdir.com/ml/java.continuum.user/2006-09/msg00014.html

--
Alê!

Re: XMLRPC API for Continuum 1.0.3?

Posted by Alexandre Gomes <al...@gmail.com>.
Wow! Solved!

Just had to change the library used.

        <dependency>
               <groupId>org.apache.maven.continuum</groupId>
               <artifactId>continuum-rpc-client</artifactId>
               <version>1.0.3</version>
        </dependency>

        URL url = new URL("http://localhost:8000");
        ProjectsReader reader = new ProjectsReader(url);
        Project[] projects = reader.readProjects();
        for (Project p : projects) {
            System.out.println(p.getName());
        }

Sorry for bother you.