Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tiffany Dodge <ti...@ubermind.com> on 2006/08/23 03:59:05 UTC

appending to a file

Hello,

I am working on a webdav client and would like to append to an
existing file on webdav.  After reading the javadocs for
WebdavResource's putMethods and doing a few small tests, it seems
that all the putMethods (that take a path argument, at least)
overwrite the file instead of append to it.  If any one can help me
out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks kindly,
Tiff

RE: appending to a file

Posted by Alex <al...@ubudesign.com>.
Dear Tiff,

APPEND and PATCH methods are not part of the current webdav RFC yet. They
are being discussed in this list. w3c-dist-auth@w3.org