Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Peter C. Verhage" <pe...@zeelandnet.nl> on 2001/02/01 00:09:40 UTC

Re: Logicsheets, and relative paths

: Since the logicsheet is compiled in as part of the XML page you can find
: out its URL from within the logicsheet and take it from there.
:
: Ulrich

No I cannot. Because you are saying I have to use some JAVA for this. But I
don't want that, because it has got to parse the data from the configuration
file once, and do something with it, and with the result of that create the
*.java and *.class file for the page.

So I don't want to include the file with JAVA, but just use the "document()"
function of XSLT. In the XML file I just want to name a relative path to the
configuration (XML) file, and the logicsheet has to read this file with XSLT
and create the *.java file with some of it's own data, and some of the
configuration file. This all works when I use absolute paths, or relative
paths from the logicsheet. But not relative paths from the main XML file :/.

I personally don't think there's a solution really :/, besides using
absolute paths.

Regards,

Peter

Re: Logicsheets, and relative paths

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Donald Ball wrote:

> logicsheets in c1 have access to the full path to the source xml file by
> declaring a filename parameter:
>
> <xsl:param name="filename"/>
>
> that might help you out.

Is there any documentation on this and other parameters passed to the
XSL stylesheet? Recently someone said in a byline Cookies are also
passed to the stylesheet - is there a specific place in the source code,
where all these are listed?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: Logicsheets, and relative paths

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Peter C. Verhage wrote:

> No I cannot. Because you are saying I have to use some JAVA for this. But I
> don't want that, because it has got to parse the data from the configuration
> file once, and do something with it, and with the result of that create the
> *.java and *.class file for the page.
>
> So I don't want to include the file with JAVA, but just use the "document()"
> function of XSLT. In the XML file I just want to name a relative path to the
> configuration (XML) file, and the logicsheet has to read this file with XSLT
> and create the *.java file with some of it's own data, and some of the
> configuration file. This all works when I use absolute paths, or relative
> paths from the logicsheet. But not relative paths from the main XML file :/.

logicsheets in c1 have access to the full path to the source xml file by
declaring a filename parameter:

<xsl:param name="filename"/>

that might help you out.

- donald